Are you a Racecar or an Airplane?

Strange question, I know. Let me explain. Race Cars and Airplanes have something in common. They are both designed to be in motion and so they both experience resistance - wind resistance. Resistance is like life fighting you, trying to keep you from moving forward. The only way to avoid wind resistance is to sit motionless, going nowhere. 

I've learned that when I'm moving forward and making progress that's when I experience the most resistance in life. I've learned to welcome challenges and problems knowing that they're a good sign that I'm moving forward. Still resistance is no fun. It can zap your energy and blow you off course. Many people quit because of resistance while others seem to get better through the battle. 

Which brings me to my question, are you a Race Car or Airplane? While both harness wind resistance they have the opposite effect.  A Race Car's design uses wind resistance to hold it down onto the track, keeping it glued to the ground for better traction and handling. An Airplane uses wind resistance to lift it off the ground. Without the resistance of the wind an airplane couldn't fly.

How are you designed? When the resistance of life comes blowing your way do you let it push you down? Do you react with hopelessness or complaining? Are you prone to quit when things get difficult? Like a Race Car, does the wind keep you from getting off the ground? Or are you like an Airplane? Do you become more determined and tenacious as things come against you? Do you use the very problems you face as a way to learn lessons and build strength? Do the challenges you face serve to lift you to another level? 

No comments: